ROSEMONT, Ill. — The National Roofing Contractors Association has announced its 2021-22 slate of officers and directors.
Most officers and directors will remain unchanged after the NRCA Nominating Committee met Feb.
17 and unanimously voted to recommend the Extension of Force Majeure to the NRCA Executive Committee and board of directors as stated in Article IX, Section 3 of NRCA’s bylaws. The Executive Committee and board of directors voted to approve the Nominating Committee’s recommendation March 1. As a result, the 2020-21 Executive Committee and board of directors will serve an additional year starting June 1.
This isn't the first time NRCA officers have served more than one year, but it's certainly the most recent occurrence. COVID-19 has caused many changes in the past year that are otherwise unprecedented, so as one of the construction industry's most respected trade associations, there is little surprise in the NRCA's decision to maintain its leadership as the roofing industry navigates the pandemic.
Rod Petrick, president of Ridgeworth Roofing Co. Inc., Frankfort, Ill., remains NRCA chairman of the board; Kyle Thomas, vice president of Thomas Roofing, Mobile, Ala., remains chairman of the board-elect; Bryan Karel, vice president of operations, Garlock-French Corp., Minneapolis.; Sherri Miles, vice president of J.D. Miles & Sons Inc., Chesapeake, Va.; and Lisa Sprick, president of Sprick Roofing Co. Inc., Corvallis, Ore., remain vice chairmen.
The following remain NRCA directors:
- Cheryl Chapman, general manager of Empire Roofing Inc., Fort Worth, Texas
- Jennifer Ford-Smith, director of sales for Johns Manville, Denver
- Scott D. Gipson, vice president and general manager of FiberTite Roofing Systems, Wooster, Ohio
- Kevin Gwaltney, president of Diamond Roofing, Dodge City, Kan.
- Tammy Hall, director of marketing/service manager for CFS Roofing Services LLC, Fort Myers, Fla.
- Paige Harvill, president of Nations Roof Gulf Coast LLC, Mobile, Ala.
- Peter Horch, owner/CEO of Horch Roofing, Warren, Maine
- Josh Kelly, vice president of product development and innovation for OMG Hutto TX Roofing Products, Agawam, Mass.
- Ken Kelly, president of Kelly Roofing, Bonita Springs, Fla.
- Daniel Kennedy, commercial division manager for Don Kennedy Roofing Co. Inc., Nashville, Tenn.
- C.J. Martin, president/CEO of Showalter Roofing Service Inc., Naperville, Ill.
- Geoff Mitchell, CEO of Mid-South Roof Systems, Forest Park, Ga.
- Jack Moore, president/CEO of West Roofing Systems Inc., LaGrange, Ohio
- Curtis Sutton, president of Rackley Roofing Co. Inc., Carthage, Tenn.
In addition, the Nominating Committee nominated the following individuals to serve three-year terms as NRCA directors:
- Brad Baker, owner of Professional Roofing, Bellevue, Idaho
- George Patterson, president of Bennett and Brosseau Roofing Inc., Romeoville, Ill.